Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Excited about Books

In April Jaelyn, Glenn and I went to the Herriman library to see Maria V. Snyder. It was her first time in Utah. I’d been so excited for this since I heard about it. It was fascinating to see Maria in person and hear her voice. She told stories about writing and such and was just delightful and hilarious. Then she signed books. She willingly inscribed and signed each of my thirteen books, and Glenn took a picture of her with Jaelyn and me. It was so, so epically awesome.

Jaelyn and me with Maria Snyder

A week later Brandon Mull had an event at the library’s Viridian Center. We made all the kids come, except Sara, who was battling a bad migraine. I won a “Golden Ticket” in a Goodreads drawing, which meant my family and I had front-row seating at the event and first in line for book signings. We also won a free copy of the new book, Dragonwatch, along with some little mementos like pins and stickers. Each library branch also had a drawing, so there were two rows of winners. I think my odds on Goodreads were much better than at the branches. Brandon talked for about half an hour and answered some questions. Then we got Dragonwatch signed along with two other books of his we have now and we got a picture.

Us with Brandon Mull

I also won (along with two others) a drawing in Michael J Sullivan’s Goodreads group. I got a signed, numbered copy of his new book, Age of Swords, before it was published in July. He also sent us the e-book so we could start reading right away while waiting for the book to arrive.


No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023