Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Fossil Hunting
I went trilobite hunting with Glenn, Jaelyn, and Sara in mid-August. We met up with author Dave Butler and his three kids in Payson along with another couple and their three kids, who are neighbors of the Butlers. We first went to one area and picked up pretty rocks. Then we drove back to Delta where the neighbor’s car got a flat tire. He was perfectly skilled at changing a flat but had a ridiculously hard time getting first the last lug nut off and then finally the tire itself refused to come off. I hung out with all the kids at the Maverik station for about three hours. I did a lot of reading and put my ice jacket in the outside ice freezer, which mostly refroze all the ice blocks. That was nice. It wasn’t a big inconvenience to me; the shade was nice.
Finally we were able to get going again. We eventually left the paved road and followed a dirt road for nearly an hour and then picked a spot to hunt for trilobites. The sun was blocked by clouds for a while, which was really nice. When the sun came out again, I just wanted shade. Jaelyn found a ton of trilobites; I found a few. I think her recent jigsaw puzzle time helped her. We returned to Delta and had a small dinner at a little Mexican place with the neighbor family. The Butler kids voted to get some McDonald’s to go instead. I made a lot of progress in my audiobook during the day.
 |
| trilobites |
 |
| pretty rocks |
No comments:
Post a Comment