Monday was also the big North American eclipse. Utah got about 90 percent coverage. Lots of tourists headed north into Oregon, Idaho, and Wyoming for the full effect. Deven and I watched it with the little telescope sun filter. It was pretty cool. It didn’t get dark, but it dimmed enough to reduce the sun’s glare, which was really interesting. I could be outside without sunglasses.
It was also the first day of school for the other kids. They all got cardboard eclipse glasses and watched it outside. Corin has Ms Leffler for 2nd grade, and Caelan has Mrs Mostyn for 5th grade. He’s the third child to have her. Sara is in 7th grade at Hunter Junior and has Dance and Journalism among her classes. Jaelyn finally gets to take ASL as a sophomore at Hunter High. Deven had yet to find a job, so I started giving him extra housework. He got a job a couple weeks later.
Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Hammer Family — April 2024
Monday, October 16, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023
No comments:
Post a Comment