Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Friday, September 22, 2017

Relief Society Broadcast

I had tickets for the Relief Society general meeting in March. Each ward in our stake got 30 tickets, and it was not going to be broadcast at the stake center. I left with Sara and Jaelyn at 4:30. We got to the conference center by 5:30, like we were supposed to. Then it took us until 6:30 to get through the security line. (I listened to Shadows of Self in the meantime.) We had balcony seats, but after wandering around the balcony for a while, we couldn’t find any seats. 

So we got herded all the way downstairs and outside and back inside to the Conference Center Theater. We had to go through security again. We’d been on our feet for two hours, so it was blissful to sit down. But the conference ended ten minutes later. Then we had to walk back to our car; my feet and back were hurting by then. I swear Relief Society hates me; I really should avoid it.

I felt we deserved a treat, so we went to Applebee’s for dinner. I used a coupon Sara got from school to get her a free kid’s meal. We all picked chicken tenders and french fries. We also had mozzarella sticks, I got an Oreo milkshake, which was divine.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023