Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Monday, September 18, 2017

Star Wars Blue and Gold Banquet

R2-D2

Sarlacc Pit
The annual Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet is usually every February. This year was interesting because we had no cubmaster to be in charge of it. The six den leaders each took an area to work on.

The day before the dinner, I worked on two cakes and other final preparations. The next morning I met two other den leaders at the church to start setting up. I brought Deven and Jaelyn since they had a late LATE start day that didn’t start until noon (because the juniors were taking the ACT all morning). The curtain separating the gym in half was locked (or else really, really stiff), so we had to push carriers of tables and chairs out of the gym, down the hallway, and back into the gym. 

Deven and I did most of the chairs and tables—setting them up and then adding table clothes, the lightsaber napkins, and table decorations. The others did the rest of the decorations. I took Deven and Jaelyn home at 11:30 for lunch and school. Then I returned and stayed until I had to leave for band. After band, I came back to finish setting up. Glenn came home early from lunch to bake hamburgers and set up the food. 

We had “Han burgers,” “Hoth dogs,” “Chewie chips,” “Wookie Cookies,” “Swamp Juice,” and the “Admiral Ackbar snack bar.” Glenn presented two-liter bottles of “Yoda soda” (Sprite) to the den leaders for being such great “liters.” Our former cub leaders were next door doing another Blue and Gold, so we were able to bring them over for a few minutes to present them an award. I made an R2-D2 cake and a Sarlacc pit cake. I had to slice them up before anyone would eat them. Then they went quickly.

Corin with his lightsaber that he broke ten minutes later

Caelan with his lightsaber

Each scout got to make a custom lightsaber.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023