Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Friday, September 27, 2019

Nauvoo Trip: Day 6

Sunday we spent some time cleaning up and doing laundry. We went to church with David, which was at 1, and we only stayed one hour. After that Glenn’s mom had everyone take pictures at the temple. It was very bright and very hot. 



Our Sunday activities were limited, but we toured the Women’s Garden …  

My mom and I posed as this statue
for some activity when I was little.
I still don’t know exactly what it was.


Many of these statues are also found at Temple Square.



A statue of Israel Barlow on a street corner.
He is a Hammer ancestor.

… and then saw the Joseph Smith burial site. At that point the various families wandered into different directions. That’s still owned by the Community of Christ, but we were able to go and just look. It’s right on the Mississippi River.







Mississippi River:




Actual lily pads floating on the river!

Memorials:



Looking back at Parley’s Street:
This is the last view the pioneers had before crossing
the frozen Mississippi (but with snow).

I played Pit with some family members until dinner was ready. That is a traditional Hammer game. After dark, most everyone went to see the Trail of Hope. Glenn and I had just driven it and didn’t feel like walking it as well. At first only Sara wanted to go but then Caelan and Corin decided they had to go, too, even though we knew Corin was just going to complain while he was there.



Glenn, Jaelyn, and I went to the other house since we hadn’t seen it yet. We visited for a while, and then I had to leave since I was starting to come down with a bad headache. I lay on the couch of the main house and talked with Jaelyn until I started feeling better, about an hour later.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023