Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Nauvoo Trip: Day 2

Wednesday morning we saw the Cheyenne Botanic Gardens, which was pretty big. It had a tree garden and children’s garden and tropical garden and others.




garden maze — we were expecting something more spectacular









Sara at the Children's Garden


Bonsai tree shed









Jaelyn at the Children's Garden

Then we saw the museum at the Cheyenne Train Depot, which was built for the Transcontinental Railroad. That had a model railroad that covered three scale miles of track.


hand-built wooden train with moving parts


Sara posing for a dramatic scene

The rest of the day we mostly drove through Nebraska. We stopped at a tourist trap in North Platte featuring Buffalo Bill Cody and just stretched and looked around. We spent the night at a campground at Lake Pawnee near Lincoln. It was kind of muggy. I saw fireflies for the first time!

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023