August began with getting new windows -- yay! Hopefully in future years we'll be able to get new kitchen counters and fun stuff like that.
Deven went to Mill Hollow, the outdoor education program for his school. He left early Wednesday morning and then came back Friday afternoon. I think he had a good time. I was worried about him getting sick or starving from not liking any food that wasn’t peanut butter.
Jaelyn also began Activity Days. Sara feels left out of this, so she walked Jaelyn to the church (where they learned to play volleyball). When she got back, she said, "I just dropped Jaelyn off."
Jaelyn turned 8 on the first day of school. I think she had a nice time. Sara had to wait a week to start kindergarten. Sara loves school so far. It at least gets her away from Caelan. When I filled out the registration forms for school (such fun), I could only find copies from Jaelyn in Spanish. So I filled out those with a note that I'm the only Spanish speaker in the house.
![]() |
| Sara's first day of school |
Friday the 13th we all went to the dentist. (Our appointment was at "Tooth Hurty" -- really -- ha ha!) Our kids love the dentist. The next day Corin got his first tooth, followed soon by his second tooth a couple days later.
Saturday and Sunday (14th and 15th) we spent with Glenn's parents and joined them in Ephraim to see our nephew Josh Hveem give a talk in sacrament meeting before leaving on his mission to Korea. His talk was very intelligent, organized, insightful, and engaging. He entered the MTC on the 25th. He's the oldest grandchild for the Hammers.
We had a little car excitement when the Saturn died on the way home from work on Jaelyn's birthday. He had to get a transmission-to-clutch cable (something) replaced. About a week later Glenn got a speeding ticket.
On the 21st we went swimming at the condos, our second time swimming all summer. At least pool was somewhat heated. We saw some old friends from the Lee Ward and had an awesome time.
The 23rd was our 13th wedding anniversary. Then the 24th was pack meeting, a raingutter regatta. The boats didn't fit so well in the raingutters, but I guess that added to the challenge. The boys had to race them by blowing into the sails with straws.
![]() |
| Scouts' raingutter regatta |
That Sunday I spent with my two cousins, Jaime and Jonia, who came to church with me. They got to hear Glenn give a talk. Jonia lives downtown and finally got her own car. Jaime lived here until last year and then moved to Virginia, so I'm glad we got a chance to see her again. We are very close in age.
![]() |
| Sara and Jaelyn with second cousin Kaitlyn |
![]() |
| Corin being cute |




No comments:
Post a Comment