Jaelyn’s baptism was Sept. 4. Coincidentally, this was also the 15th anniversary of when I met Glenn. Glenn’s parents and grandparents arrived in the morning. The baptism was for the whole stake. There were four girls getting baptized, including Jaelyn and Lydia Dent from our ward.
Chris and Elicia and the Hveems and Aunt Suzanne and Robert and Jonia all met us at the church. After an opening program, the groups went to the baptistry room one at a time for the baptisms. Our ward had a huge presence. Lydia went first, while my family waited in the chapel and then all crowded into the Relief Society room.
Jaelyn was baptized by Glenn with Chris and her grandpa Hammer as witnesses. I helped her get dry and dressed. Then everybody went back to the chapel for confirmations of Lydia and Jaelyn. In that blessing, Jaelyn was blessed to grow and learn and prepare for greater responsibilities.
When we got home we had lunch: grilled hot dogs and black bean salsa and chips. It was pretty hot out but not too bad in the shade. Several ward members also joined us. For dessert I tried a homemade devils food cake in the 10-inch pans. I was trying to get a slightly larger cake than normal. I hadn't tried that recipe before, but it came out really good. I decorated the cake with white royal icing lilies. The kids eagerly ate them, but the adults thought they were too pretty to eat. There were enough people to give out the entire cake at once.
Then everybody left except for Glenn's parents. For dinner nobody was that hungry, so my Glenn and his mom (Rose Maree) went to the store and got stuff for banana splits and root beer float smoothies. Then we had a bunch of popcorn and eventually went to bed.
Glenn's parents spent Sunday with us and left Monday morning, which was Labor Day. His mom made the kids donuts out of Pillsbury large biscuits deep fried in melted shortening. It works well.
![]() |
| cake with white lilies in royal icing |
Four generations of Glenn Hammers:
Glenn Austin, Glenn Barlow, Glenn Calan, Glenn Deven
![]() |
| lunch |
![]() |
| Mikayla Hveem and Nellie Doornbos |
![]() |
| Jaelyn with Maya and Aaron Jowers |





No comments:
Post a Comment