Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Gas Explosion in San Bruno

Late Thursday night a large gas pipe explosion occurred in San Bruno, California. The flames reached more than 1,000 feet high and destroyed at least 38 homes. Four are confirmed dead, and four are missing so far.

San Bruno is very close to my home town of San Mateo. Driving out of San Francisco, you go through South San Francisco, then San Bruno, Millbrae, San Mateo, Burlingame, and so on. San Bruno is home to the airport and is where my home ward meets for church. Its residents are in my home ward. The fire occurred just west of the church.

It appears everybody I know is safe and mainly unaffected. I have seen many businesses and community members come together and take care of those affected. I think the people who live in this area are very action-oriented and will quickly respond in any crisis with intelligence and compassion.





No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023