Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Friday, September 3, 2010

Back to the Dentist

Deven and I went back to the dentist after our big family checkup several weeks ago. Deven just needed a quick filling. I had a sublingual sialolithbotomy.

Every year I seem to experience some new medical condition. Sometimes it's big, like starting migraines or hives, and sometimes it's small. Last year I got a plugged tear duct in each eye. This year it appears it was a sialolith, which is a clogged salivary gland. 

It showed up in late June or early July and was painful at times but mostly just annoying. It became this bump on the bottom of my tongue. I didn't know what it was exactly until I saw the dentist in August.

I was pretty excited to get it taken care of, but I began to get nervous when the big Novocaine needle came out. Still, the whole procedure barely hurt, and I'm just a little tender now.

The funny thing was how the entire staff of the dental practice had to come watch. They were all crowded around (hygienists and assistants), fighting for a view. "Wait, I can't see!" and "Wow, that's so cool" were some of the comments I heard.

I was just a bit wary of being involved in a medical procedure that made the other professionals think, Whoa, I've got to see that one!

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023