Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kittens!


Our stray cat, named Frankenstein (from "Red Dwarf") was indeed pregnant and has had kittens. We didn't see her for a few days, so I'm estimating they were born about April 13. On the 15th, I came home from grocery shopping and propped open my front door to bring in the groceries. She suddenly appeared and was skinny. I hadn't realized she was that pregnant. I soon discovered the kitten nest in our hedges by the front door.

With the door temporarily open, Frankenstein grabbed two kittens in her mouth at once and dashed inside and down into Deven's bedroom closet. I brought the rest of the kittens to her. There are six. We let her stay there for a week and got her a box lined with towels. We moved them into the garage this week since it got warm. This week they all opened their eyes, and their ears are starting to perk up. She has been a pretty good mom to them and is feeding them well. We also started buying her cat food, so I guess that makes us official cat owners now.

We would love to find good homes for these kittens when they are big enough (around 7 or 8 weeks old). The names I have given them are Persephone (Greek goddess of the underworld), Horace (Egyptian god of the sky), Pigwidgeon and Albus (from "Harry Potter"), and Queeg and Kryten (From "Red Dwarf"). You can rename them if you take one, of course.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023