Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The End of a Perfect Record


Monday morning the 13th I was driving to Glenn's work for their Healthy Lifestyles incentive program. We had an appointment for cholesterol screening, blood pressure measurement, BMI measurement, and so on. If you're healthy, you get a check.

So I came to a yellow light at 6000 West (barely a mile from home) and stopped because there was a police car behind me. But after it turned green, their lights came on. For a moment I was stunned. I was like, Who, me? I have never been pulled over in my life. I pulled over and two woman officers came over. They were very cheerful and friendly. They said my brake light was out. Of course I didn’t know about it. Then I couldn’t find my current registration or proof of insurance. The proof of insurance has been attached to the front door for a few months; it just never made it to the car yet. And our registration was done online. Also, I wasn’t carrying my driver’s license because I didn’t need my wallet (money) at Healthy Lifestyles. So I got a citation for the license and a warning for the brake light. Thus the end of my perfect record after 17 years of licensed driving.

I realized I am in the habit of driving without my license pretty often. If I'm going somewhere where I don't need money, I rarely bring it. I need my hands free for carrying babies. But I usually bring it if I'm going a long distance. I just forgot that day.

The next day we got the light fixed. It turned out to be a wiring problem, so it was more expensive to fix than just changing a light bulb. I had to wait until today to go to Traffic Court since that's how long it takes the citation to get into the system. I was given a court date for an arraignment. I have to go to COURT for this?? Can't I just pay a standard fine and go?

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023