Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our Lives -- December 2008

I don't remember ever seeing so much snow at one time. It seemed like it snowed almost every day this month. Imagine what it would be like if we didn't have such skyrocketing global warming occurring at the same time.

December centered around three trips to the dentist. The first one was on the 5th when my tooth broke. It was a back bottom one, next to a former wisdom tooth. While eating a fry, my back tooth began to feel really strange. I used some dental floss and pulled out a chunk of tooth. At first I thought just my filling had come loose, but it turned out a large portion of the tooth had come loose, too. It was a Friday afternoon, and I was lucky enough to get in to see my dentist that same day. The dentist is on Highland Drive (about 1400 East), and I live at 6500 West, so it was a long drive there. So I got a temporary plastic crown put on and had to not eat anything too chewy on that side.

On the 15th was our biannual family dental cleaning and checkups. I began getting an awful migraine during this time. I was okay while lying down in the chair, but when it was over I felt terrible. The dentist shot some lidocain up my nose. It helped a little, temporarily, but in the end it was a miserable night. As a result, I didn' t go grocery shopping and therefore missed being at the store when the Zions Bank inside the store got robbed.

The 22nd we all returned to the dentist again. I got my permanent crown put on. It was rather uncomfortable, but it's so smooth and pretty now. Glenn and Deven also got some little fillings done.

For Christmas we stayed home. This was a good thing in the end what with blizzard conditions on Christmas Day. Caelan had gotten up during the night, coming down with a cold, so he ended up sleeping all through the present opening in the morning. And to whomever sent me "Apartment Life," thanks a lot. (Jonia?)

Because of the year-round school schedule, the kids had all of December off from school. Jaelyn and Sara played together every minute, and it's amazing they didn't fight more often. Deven enjoyed the old X-Box that somebody gave us. We found some used games for it for just a few dollars. Glenn was running out of vacation days, so he only took Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Day off.

Caelan communicates well but still only says "mama" and "mine." He's 20 months old now. He is either adorable or a stinker. He's a real sweetie, too. Jaelyn is his hero. He has a lot of fun with her.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023