Friday morning I took Deven and Jaelyn to school as usual. When I got home, I realized we were locked out of the house. I’d left my house keys on my Saturn key ring the night before, so I when I took the van out, I didn't realized that I only had the car keys. The house locks just by closing the door.
First I tried to see if there was an easy way to get in the house through a window, but there really wasn’t. So I drove to Glenn’s work to get his key. It took an hour out of the day. Now, I was wearing thermal pants under my pajamas (a top and bottom that go just past the knees and elbows) with my penguin bathrobe on top. And a coat. Caelan had his pajamas on with no socks or jacket. Sara had her summer pajamas on with a coat and shoes but no socks.
Finally the three of us arrived at the county building (in our pajamas). We walk pass the county mayor's office and council chambers to get the Glenn's office. A co-worker got Glenn out of a meeting for me. He handed over the house key, and we took off again even though Caelan wanted to stay with Glenn. So it was a lesson in not trying to totally control your life.
Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Hammer Family — April 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023
1 comment:
Well that definitely makes me feel better about me just going to the mail box in my pjs. Sounds like quite a trip. Bet you won't forget the keys again any time soon. I locked us out of the house not once, but twice when we lived in SLC. Thankfully we were both dressed for the day.
Post a Comment