Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Song for Every Squawko

In the evolution of language in our household, we often call our children "squawkos," "squackers," "squeakers," and variations of those. We have also invented many songs based on squawkos, most of them church hymns and primary songs. If you watch Glenn in church, he'll start laughing during songs because he's imaging alternative lyrics. Here are a few of those songs. Many get new lyrics with each singing:

About Caelan, based on The Handcart Song:
Here comes the squawko, oh how slow.
He crawls like a squawk, of course, you know.
He cries, and squawks, and fusses all day long.
Squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak is his song.

The morning breaks, the squawko wakes …

We are enlisted til the conflict is o’er.
Squacky are we …

Each child has a Follow the Prophet verse:
Deven was a squawko, first one that we had
And when he got hungry, he was really sad …

I invented this for Jaelyn:
Fussy Wussy was a squack.
Fussy Wussy got a smack.
Fussy Wussy wasn’t fussy, was she?

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023