Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Hammer Family — April 2024
Friday, August 8, 2008
My Sly Girls
My daughters are very sly. Deven could never pull this stuff off as a toddler. I bought a locking cash box to keep my gum, makeup, and chapstick in. It's the only way to keep Sara out. She takes a chapstick, screws it all the way out, and then mashes it or eats it or something so that it could not be rendered more useless. She and Jaelyn have taken countless cookies and crackers and candy into their bedrooms, hidden it under their pillows or blankets or mattresses and then snacked the night away. I know, I shouldn't buy this stuff. But I'm an addict. Yesterday I see the girls slinking along the kitchen wall as if leaving my bedroom. They are trying to hold innocent expressions. I immediately panic. I see my piano chair has been moved over to a high bookcase. I frisk the two girls for contraband. They've been known to hide stuff inside their shirts. This time, each had a chapstick hidden inside the FRONT OF HER UNDERPANTS. I still confiscated them and will be sure to lock them up properly after much sterilization.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023
1 comment:
Wow! That is pretty sneaky!
Post a Comment