Glenn’s Birthday
I had a Lasik consultation in the morning. We had our Halloween party that evening because it was the only day we could fit it in. October was just a super busy month. We didn’t advertise it well, so it was not well attended. I played Clue with the girls and snacked. At 9 we had Glenn’s birthday. He picked apple pie instead of cake, but we hadn’t had time to make one yet. So he just opened presents and talked to his mom on the phone for a long time. Saturday I made apple pies.
My Birthday
In the morning I went to my flute and piano lesson for the first time in over a month. I went to the library on my way home, and it turned into a mini reunion of old friends. Then I cleaned up the house and finished frosting my cake and picked up Glenn from the airport. (He had driven with Dave to Nauvoo; Dave was moving there.)
In the evening was the ward Halloween carnival, so that was dinner. It was the annual chili cookoff, which frequently falls on my birthday. I hate chili, but I did find a chicken chili I really liked. The kids collected candy by playing games, and I did a shift at a ring toss game and got full on popcorn. After, we did cake and presents at home. Everyone was pretty full of candy, though my cake was yummy. I talked to Glenn’s mom and my parents on the phone.
We later found out we were supposed to clean the church that morning. Well, nobody told us, and it’s my birthday anyway.
Corin’s Birthday
Glenn takes all the kids out for a “daddy date” for their birthdays. Corin was interested in some of the ideas, but he didn’t want to drive very far in the car. Ultimately, he was happy with just lunch at McDonald’s. I made him a cake—the figure-8 car track. (He turned 8, see?) I put some Hot Wheels and a Rainbow Dash figurine on it. I also got him a plush Rainbow Dash and some Minecraft Legos for his birthday. (He’s a fan of My Little Pony, for some reason.) Grandma Hammer sent money for Corin to pick out his own scriptures to buy, and Grandma Thatcher sent a set of magnetic building blocks.
No comments:
Post a Comment