Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Our Lives: October 2011

We began the month with General Conference. It was nice to stay home and sleep a little more. By the end I couldn't absorb anymore, though.

The girls went back on track at school. Jaelyn finished her county report. I helped a lot. She still had to do a class presentation. She got 100 percent on it. Meanwhile Sara's class got dissolved, so I had to move her to D track. I could have put both girls on C track, but I don't like C, and Jaelyn (and I) had put too much work into the county report to not do it anymore. Sara went back off track at the middle of October.
My daddy sent me a new VCR/DVD combo player. It is so weird to have a reliable appliance again.

I was busy baking this month. A wedding on the 15th was a lot of work but gave me good experience. Then Glenn turned 40, and I turned 36, and we had a Halloween party at our house, so there were three cakes plus cookies right there.
As part of our birthday celebration, Glenn and I saw the ballet of "Dracula." It was set to music of Liszt, who is cool because he wrote English horn solos. It was really neat, even if half the audience showed up in jeans.

We had nice weather for trick-or-treating, and all the kids came. Then they all ate candy for breakfast for the next week or so.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023