Yesterday I had to go to a WIC pregnancy class at 4:00, which is cutting it close to when school gets out. Deven chose to walk home instead of coming to the class, but Jaelyn wanted to get picked up and go to the class with me. I drove to school earlier than usual; I normally arrive five minutes late to let the traffic clear out a little.
I came ten minutes earlier and couldn't find any parking along the sidewalk in front of the school. After driving around a while, I finally got to park across the street. I waved to Jaelyn and motioned for her to cross at the crosswalk near me to come over. This meant she had to cross in front of the school's parking lot entrance, which I personally don't think is a big deal. There was a crossing guard there, but she wouldn't let Jaelyn go over to the crosswalk.
This totally infuriated me, so I jaywalked across the street and held Jaelyn's hand and jaywalked back. The crossing guard began yelling at us to use the crosswalk. I yelled back that this was impossible if she wasn't going to let kids get to it. I could've hit her.
After all that, I hurried on my way to the WIC clinic and realized I'd forgotten my WIC ID packet. I'd brought all my certification documents even though I knew I probably wouldn't need them, and I'd forgotten the one really vital thing I needed. So I hurried home, grabbed it, and hurried to the clinic.
I got there just after the class started, so I had to wait and complete a worksheet lesson. I was there until 5 when the class ended around 4:20. The three kids with me were bored out of their minds. This was a really crappy afternoon.
Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Hammer Family — April 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023
No comments:
Post a Comment