Friday the 1st I was suckered into decorating Deven's teacher's door for Teacher Appreciation Week. This was harder than it sounds because Deven's class moves every few weeks (part of the year-round school schedule) and I had to figure out where the class was going to be.
The 2nd was the annual Scout-O-Rama. Our ward had a small booth that Glenn and Deven manned for an hour. I got Deven to do three belt loops there, but that was all the Scouting stuff I could get him to do.
Saturday the 9th we visited Jaime's family for Greg's graduation lunch celebration. I brought them a graduation cake. We talked with everybody for a long time, and then brought Jonia home with us. We put her on the bus later that night.
For Mother's Day the ward gave all the women See's chocolate toffee bars. Way yummy. I should have joined this ward a long time ago. No crappy saltwater taffy or flowers I can kill in an hour here.
I had my traffic court appearance (see below), where the judge dismissed all the citations on me. After that I began learning how to drive a stick. I can do okay, although I feel slow when starting and stopping.
On May 18 the kids went off-track from school for three weeks. So when they go back, most normal schools will have finished for the school year. It was pretty crazy having them all home all the time. They can just make a huge mess in no time. They are accelerators of entropy.
On the 22nd we joined Glenn at Wheeler Farm for a CERT disaster simulation. He had on full gory makeup (to be a victim). Deven consented to be a victim, but the girls were too scared of the noise and lights inside. The disaster scene was set up to be as disorienting as possible. So I walked around the farm with the rest of the kids until Deven was done.
Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Hammer Family — April 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023
No comments:
Post a Comment