Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

California Trip 2019: Overview

School got out May 23, and the next day I drove to the Bay Area with the kids, leaving Deven and Glenn at home. Because 14 hours is a long drive (especially being the only driver), I broke up the trip in two days. After some very last-minute scrambling, I settled on spending the night at the Rye Patch Recreation Area between Winnemucca and Lovelock. I didn’t want to spend a bunch of money on a motel, and it cost $15 to camp overnight there.

As we were trying to go to bed, some nearby campers in an RV were playing loud music and had several barking dogs. It’s just like being in the city! I hope my squabbling children woke you up in the morning, you jerks! I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a running rivalry between RV campers and tent campers.

We stopped there again on the return trip, and it was much quieter, being a Monday night and not Memorial Day weekend. Somewhere near the Nevada-Utah border, the windshield got nailed by a big, loud rock. Thanks, trucks.

So we just chilled in San Mateo. We went to the Oakland Temple open house and the Oakland Zoo for our big activities. We went to a movie and bowling for our small activities. We also got a little crazy with satellite TV, as we don’t pay for any TV services at home. And we went to church in Spanish twice.

I also got some RoundTable Pizza, which you can’t get into Utah and I’ve missed so much. It was divine.
   *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
Reacting to $3.85 gas prices:

Entering California:


Leaving California:


No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023