Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Chicken Escape

A young chicken escaped the neighbor’s yard, fluttering over a six-foot fence. It was impressive for a chicken barely more than a chick. It ended up in our yard. Several of us tried to catch it, but it was elusive. It was a speedy little bugger. 

We would nearly have it cornered only to see it vanish behind the shed, literally. It didn’t go to the next yard. Some time while in our yard, it stopped to lay an egg on the shed steps.

The owners came over and tried to catch it, but I don’t know if they were successful. They were told the chickens weren’t old enough to fly yet. In reality, they were.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023