Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Scouting Rant

December 1, cub scout day camp registration opened. It used to open in February, but they moved it back, which screws up everybody’s annual budget accounting. This year the required down payment went from $10 per kid to $20.

Scouting has several websites. You’re never sure which one you want, and chances are good that your previous username and password no longer works. It’s easier to get to the right page through Google than trying to navigate their web pages’ menus.

First the website demanded I update Flash. Flash was updated, but the website didn’t believe it, so I had to use prostitute myself and use Internet Explorer instead of Chrome. Now, you have to click things in exactly the right order to get it to work. Do I choose the event first, or do I select my pack first? 

For the wolf/bear camp, I had to register each boy with their name and address and birthday and DNA sequence and then add them to the “cart.” Then, every time I added a boy, I got an error message. This was actually a lie, but I had to click it twice for it to go through.  

But the Webelos camp registration was completely different, even though it was the same site and the same event. For that, I just picked how many boys I wanted to register. To actually register them required payment in full. After some minor yelling and major sarcasm, I finally got it figured out. We’ll know for sure when it’s time to finish paying.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023