Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Monday, December 18, 2017

Corin's Baptism


 Saturday, December 2, was Corin’s baptism. I hadn’t even realized how quickly it was coming up. Jordynn M. was baptized at the same time, and her parents took her out and took pictures and made a nice baptism announcement and everything. Me, I was like, “Wait, that’s this Saturday?”

There were several other kids getting baptized, including a kid from Corin’s school class. He was excited about that. Being the 10th Ward, we went last as usual. Neither of our parents could make it, but siblings Mike and Angela and Chris came. Ivy wasn’t feeling well, so Elicia stayed home with her. That was too bad because Ivy is Jordynn’s second cousin. Aunt Maggie and cousin Kevin came but they were a little late so we didn’t see them until the end. Glenn’s co-worker Debbie Riddle came with her granddaughter to be supportive as non-members, which was really nice.

Corin didn’t get use the baptism jumper that Grandma Hammer has. All her kids and most of the grandkids were baptized in it. But I don’t think Corin cared.

I was afraid Corin would completely rebel against being in the water. He found it a bit cold and was hesitant about getting in. After the baptism, he shook his head and rubbed his eyes with a “brrrbb.” I just knew he would do that. Isn’t it interesting how you can know your child so well that you know exactly what they’ll do?

Mike, Angela, Chris, Maggie, and Kevin came to our house after. We had a light nacho lunch and visited for a while. That was a really big turnout for one of our family events.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023