Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Thursday, September 1, 2016

The Washing Machine Adventure (Part 2)

Tuesday the 23rd was our wedding anniversary and a really crazy day. I had band teacher orientation, then back-to-school night and pack meeting for Cub Scouts.

It was about 9 p.m. before we had a chance to look at washing machines at Lowe's nearby. At least it wasn't busy. We’d looked at a couple online and found a couple in the store that looked all right as well. We found a saleswoman (who was new to Utah from Illinois) who was totally willing to spend all her time on us. 

After looking at what was in stock and all sale and all that, we settled on a machine that was on display at the store, though it turned out there weren’t any in stock. It would take a week or so to order in. It was similar to a model online we saw, but the displayed one was about a hundred dollars cheaper ($530 vs. $620). Then the saleswoman had the idea to check the next week's sale, which was starting the next day, just hours away. The $620 machine was going down to $479 and was already in stock at that store. She got permission from a supervisor to give us that price that night. Yay!

So after all that indecision and debating and searching, we got a new Samsung HE top loader. It arrived the next day and got installed. It’s pretty big. Of course, I had tons of laundry to fold by Thursday, but I have NEVER taken modern appliances for granted.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023