Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Monday, June 20, 2016

Poofy Cookies & Flat Cakes

The key to fluffy cookies is cold; for cakes it's warmth.

Here's how to get cookies fluffy and poofy:

  • Use 1 tsp baking powder per cup of flour, regardless of what recipe says.
  • Chill dough for 20-30 minutes.
  • Chill cookie sheets, either in the fridge or with cold water.
  • Keep cookies in fridge until ready to bake.


For flat, even cakes

  • Let eggs set out ahead of time to get to room temperature.
  • Bake at 325 instead of 350.
  • Wrap damp strips of cloth around cake pans or buy baking strips.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023