When I was very little, I liked to save things and savor them. This sometimes resulted in hanging on to Halloween candy for a couple years. As a carry-over from this trait, I had a no-bake chocolate-peanut butter dessert mix in the pantry. It’d been there for quite a while; probably ten years. I didn’t realize it was that long. So when it was my turn for treat for Family Night, I decided to go ahead and use it.
Well, it was odd. It had the very distinct, not-subtle taste of cardboard. The chocolate was also a weird consistency. The peanut butter part wasn’t too bad. No one found it very edible. It was a case of waiting too long for a good thing.
Corin summed it up when he said, “This is the worst treat ever, Mom.”
Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Hammer Family — April 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023
No comments:
Post a Comment