Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Shopping at DI

Jaelyn had been wanting to go to Deseret Industries for some time because she "couldn't remember what it looked like." So last week I took her and Caelan and Corin. (Jaelyn was off track.) 

My main purpose was to find a little desk lamp and maybe some shoes for Corin. I found a nice lamp that would work, and I also found some nice Corin shoes for $3. Jaelyn and Caelan raided the toys and found some stuffed animals. I also chose a stuffed animal for Sara.

I also found some nice sunglasses for $1.50. I had lost mine the previous week somewhere in the grocery store checkout line. I had them in my cart, but by the time my groceries were loaded, they were gone. I had gotten them on clearance for about $4, but they served really well. I was happy to find such a great replacement at DI. I hadn't even thought they might have sunglasses there.

When I checked out, I set the desk lamp on the counter, but somehow it never made it to the car. I wasn't charged for it, so I didn't buy it, and I was thinking my bags were pretty light as I left. So I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Jaelyn had $5 of Christmas money for three stuffed animals. Two were a dollar each, and one was three. But the clerk gave her them all for $3 because she was a kid.

Arriving at the store, I pulled in right opposite a car whose owner was fiddling under the hood. As I was right there, I offered him a jump start, but it didn't help. He said he had a phone to call his brother or friend, so I left him (and his wife inside the car). But they were still there when we left. 

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023