Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Just Can't Win

With Jaelyn and Sara on different tracks at their year-round school, scheduling gets a little tricky sometimes. I follow the calendar on my fridge, but they've changed it a little bit. 

So twice before, I dropped Jaelyn off after she'd been off track for a few weeks. The crossing guard said she had another day off. (The crossing guard knows every kid's name and track.)

This week, Jaelyn was due back on track. She said she'd been told school didn't resume until Tuesday. The calendar says Monday, but it'd already been changed. So I just kept Jaelyn at home. 

At noon, an automated call came from the school that said Jaelyn was absent. So I rushed to get Jaelyn over to school. At that moment, Jaelyn went from jumping and dancing around the house to complaining she didn't feel well. Tough, kid. No matter what, we can't win.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023