Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Washing Machine Adventure

Lately my washing machine has stopped washing in the middle of cycles. The last time this happened, it just needed the filter cleaned out. I just cleaned it out a few months ago, so I was surprised it needed it again.

Monday I pulled out the filter, which means smelly water pours out of the bottom of the machine. This smell is unlike anything else, and it's very unpleasant. Anyway, I found a baby sock and a nursing pad inside the filter, along with lint and hair and other gross stuff. I soaked the sock in bleach (I hate to leave its mate alone forever) and threw away the nursing pad.

I replaced the filter, but it didn't screw back on tightly. So when I started a load, water started pouring out of the bottom of the machine. It's lucky there's a drain in the laundry room floor. I took out the filter and tried screwing it in again, and this time it went on tightly. 

All's well now, although the whole process took about an hour.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023