Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hugs and Kisses

When kids become toddlers, they get the idea that mom's kiss will make things feel better. I haven't overly encouraged this perception, but all the kids go through it. Jaelyn, who will be 9 in six weeks, still wants to be kissed on her owies. The girls also want to get hugs on their owies. This is challenging. I kind of squeeze the area with my fingers and say something like "oo-ma." 

Corin has started giving us hugs and kisses spontaneously. It's the most adorable thing. He's noticed the older kids getting kisses on their owies, so now he's trying it. He has noticed it doesn't make pain go away instantly, but he keeps trying. 

The other day, he tripped or something and wandered over, fussing and making kissing sounds. I picked him up and kissed him while he kept kissing his toes over and over, until he was satisfied it wasn't hurting anymore.

1 comment:

Jenny and the Boys said...

my kids have always done that. Once they got older there were many times that I could appease them long enough to wash their feet, but my son fell smack on his bum and was determined I kiss it better. I was laughing way too hard to be able to "kiss it better" by the time we both stopped laughing he was okay, but secretly I think he really felt like I had failed him.
Still one of my favorite memories that still makes me laugh.

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023