Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our Lives -- February 2011

Caelan with his bruise and rash
The kids were off track from school until the 7th. As much as I like sleeping in, they needed to go back. I admire you who can home school with zero casualties.

Glenn let me pick out my own pound of See's candy for Valentine's Day. Caelan, who has been raiding the pantry like crazy lately, managed to get into it and eat a lot of it despite my efforts to hide it. I was quite angry. Glenn put Caelan in time-out and managed to give him a good bruise on the forehead in the process. 

The next day, Caelan came down with a weird rash. At this time I realized the phone had stopped working. It just wouldn't turn on at all. I was able to use a friend's phone to call the doctor for Caelan's rash. Two doctors looked at him and agreed he had Gianotti-Crosti Syndrome, which is an allergic reaction to a virus. It normally appears on the extremities, but Caelan had it mainly on his ears and cheeks. You can treat it with antihistamines and moisturizers, but it has to just go away on its own.

So we brought Caelan to the doctor with his rash and large bump on his head. Then that night Corin grabbed some tuna cans and lids (which I had left out for the cats) and cut open the webbing between his fingers. So we’ve been really great at abusing our children lately.

Sara turned six, which she was incredibly excited about. She enjoyed her cake and presents and had a few friends come over to share cake.

I spent the last three weeks fighting a cold. It got pretty nasty with a persistent cough and ear pain. I have taken so many different drugs this month. 

We got a replacement cell phone and then it took until the 28th to get our old minutes put on it. We've also had computer and car problems this month. Isn't technology wonderful?

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023