Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our Lives -- March 2010

I got Corin to go to bed a little sooner by preventing him from sleeping in. This made me and him pretty tired for a few days, but it's been better with him now going to bed around 11 instead of 1 or 2. Corin now makes lots of spitting, raspberry sounds. He likes to squeal and laughs a little bit. He mostly laughs for strangers.

I mentioned Sara's migraine headaches to the pediatrician. What I've been doing for her is about all you can do for kids, apparently. I had a lot of headaches this month, mostly from the seasons changing. I used as many drugs in a week as I normally use in several months. This group of headaches was pretty brutal. I used two Imitrex injections within a week. (I save these for ultimate emergencies of when I can't stop throwing up and am therefore unable to swallow pills.)

We got our taxes done and got back most of our state taxes. We got back way more than we paid to the federal government, which is still wondering why it can't get out of debt. We have every incentive to stay as poor as we are right now.

I went to Target with Corin one Saturday and began getting one of those migraines. I took an Imitrex at the store shortly before leaving. I managed to drive home okay despite feeling crappy. After getting home, a policeman came to the door and said he’d gotten a report from West Jordan that I’d been driving intoxicated with a baby out of a car seat. Well, I wasn’t feeling so well, and I was driving a stick, but I know I was extra cautious. Imitrex does not impair driving like a heavy narcotic might. Plus Corin was in the car seat in the back seat, which has tinted windows. I don't think anybody could see a baby in there from outside. I had some shopping bags in the front, and I may have thrown a baby blanket on top of them. It looks like another driver reported me to the police with a cell phone. I had stuff in the front seat that I suppose could have looked like a baby, and I was holding my head a lot, but I know Corin and I were perfectly safe and legal. Thanks for your concern, but next time get your facts straight.

Our Pinewood Derby for Scouts was the last Tuesday in March. It got pushed back a week for Utah political caucuses. The church wanted no meetings or activities going on during the caucuses. They announced that Republicans were meeting in the auditorium at Hunter High while Democrats were meeting in the cafeteria. Many congregation members thought that was funny. So the Pinewood Derby went off fine. One of our Bear Scouts won first place. Deven's car was designed like a chocolate bar with a bite taken out. He got second place in his first race and last place in his other three races. He had more fun with the design than focusing on aerodynamics.

We had to really push Deven this month on his school work. He had tons of missing work to turn in. He was on the verge of failing his grade. The term ended at the end of March, and I have not seen his report card yet. We got Jaelyn's, and hers was decent.

The digital camera I had broke when Caelan dropped it. The lens is jammed. I got it from Dad after he lost it for over a year and had gotten another one. But it's older than Sara and apparently very obsolete now. I bought myself a new one for cheaper than the repair cost.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023