January began with recovering from a strong New Year's Eve headache. This seems to be an annual tradition for some reason.
Jan. 3 was Corin's baby blessing. My whole family came, and I think it's been a while since we've all been in the same place at the same time. Glenn's parents, two brothers, and his oldest sister's family also came to visit at various times in the weekend.
School resumed on the 4th, which was hard getting up for when Corin would stay up past midnight every night. He'd often go until 1 or 2 before going down for the night. But he tends to sleep three hours at a time during the night. On the 22nd the kids went off-track for the next three weeks. I'm hoping Corin will go to bed sooner by the time school resumes. This month was the peak, I think, of Corin's fussiness. Sometimes he cries and cries for no apparent reason.
I went to a purse-themed activity for Relief Society. It was pretty fun. Corin slept two hours before I went and then all through the activity. (This is very rare.) Clues were read, and then prizes given if you were the first to find the item referred to in your purse. I don't have tons of stuff in my purse, but when I heard the clue for “pills,” I immediately held up my mini pill container. I won a chapstick.
We had our semi-annual dental checkup this month. We filled up a whole afternoon of appointments. The kids love going to the dentist, even if they need fillings. I know; they're strange. Glenn and Jaelyn returned the following week for followup work. Jaelyn just got some sealants, and Glenn got a cuspid repaired that broke off a while ago.
I heard from the Ensign that they're going to publish my Christmas article this coming December. They bought it about five years ago. So look for me in about a year.
Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Hammer Family — April 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023
No comments:
Post a Comment