Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Saturday, February 20, 2010

One of Those Days

I should not have gotten out of bed Friday.

First, we were running late getting to school. Caelan and Corin both woke up as I was heading out the door. I leave them home if they're sleeping since the school is just a mile away and I'm back in several minutes. I got everyone in the car and realized I didn't have my car keys, and I'd locked us out of the house. I got out my spare key hidden outside, which was prepared for this situation. It just made us a little later.

After school, I took Jaelyn to a birthday party and then went to Michael's with Sara, Caelan, and Corin. I took a cart from the parking lot. Caelan hopped in the basket, and Sara held on to the outside. I carried Corin in my arm while pushing the cart with the other. Since Sara made it extra heavy on the end, going over the store's threshold made it tip over and land on Sara. She hurt her knee pretty badly and was quite upset. Caelan got a little cut on his lip.

Corin did not want to sit or lie in the cart, so we went through the store with Caelan in the front part and Sara in the baset while I pulled it along from behind. I didn't spent too much time shopping. When I was done, I found I had locked my keys in the car. Besides being very annoyed, I was concerned about getting home in time to pick up Jaelyn. I called AAA with the store's phone (I don't have a cell), and they came about twenty minutes later. In the meantime, Sara visited the bathroom and I had to nurse Corin for a while, using the party room.

The AAA guy got the car open pretty quickly and was very nice. I got home and indulged in my Emergency Chocolate Backup Supply. I'm thinking all these nights of staying up past midnight with Corin are not leading to clear thinking.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023