After August, I think I can successfully drive a stick shift now. I still don't like starting from a complete stop, but I drive it fine now.
Cub Scouts began again after a month off. There were a lot of July and August birthdays, so our group has almost totally changed. We also had only two kids the first few weeks back. Our monthly pack meeting was the water games with water balloons and water bottle rockets (see below).
August is a month for semi-annual headaches that occur almost every day from the seasons changing. I guess it's the fluctuation in barometric pressure. Sometimes it occurs as late as September, but it's usually August. I had two to three weeks of headaches every other day or more frequent. Most of these headaches were not serious, just annoying.
After experiencing a clogged toilet for a few weeks, Glenn took it off its mounting and discovered a toy way down in there. So now we have our master bathroom back, which is especially important while pregnant.
Jaelyn turned 7 on August 16. She and Sara (and sometimes Caelan) spent the next few weeks fighting over her new toys. The same thing happens on Sara's birthday.
School started for us on August 18. Jaelyn is in second grade, and Deven is in fifth. They seem to have good teachers. The next week was our twelfth anniversary, which we typically don't celebrate because we never have enough money and/or babysitters. Then we spent an evening at the condos swimming with friends from our last ward. It was so nice, and it was our only chance for swimming this summer.
I had two more ultrasounds and some blood tests to try to explain the odd spots on the ultrasound. Everything came back negative, but I'll still get frequent ultrasounds until the end, I think. It could be nothing at all. I now recognize everyone who works in the Maternal Fetal Medicine department at the new hospital in Murray.
Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Hammer Family — April 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023
No comments:
Post a Comment