Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Kids and Electronics

I know I should never let kids get near any electronics, but it still happens. Most recently I spent hours trying to get my calculator back into normal mode. I had a scientific calculator in high school that I loved and knew what every button on it did. The kids lost it a while ago, and I got a new one. This one is the same brand, but it's a little fancier and does a few things I don't know (or remember).

Caelan touched it for a few minutes, and the next thing I knew, it was stuck in FIX mode. There's no FSI button on this calculator, like the last one. I got out the instructions I'd saved, only to find they were not English. One side was Spanish, and one side was Portuguese. I tried reading through the Spanish side, but my mathematical vocabulary is limited, and I didn't find anything helpful. Finally Glenn found the necessary command buried in the setup menu.

When Deven was about Caelan's age, he did something to the VCR which rendered it useless. I had to get out the manual and punch in a weird combination of buttons in the remote.

When toddlers are around electronics, you need to be careful, because the next thing you know, you'll find your TV saying, "Nuclear weapons launched."

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023