
Jaelyn and Sara took a dance class through the school district's community education program. The classes were back-to-back at Hunter High, which is really close. They did a performance on their last day. I think Jaelyn did well at remembering the dance. Sara was distracted during her performance by something she found on the floor, but she does have a natural grace and fluid movement.
We went to the Draper Temple open house on the first Friday of the month. We parked at a nearby church building (called red) and waited a little while to watch a video about temples. Then we waited a longer while to board a shuttle bus to head up to the temple. Then we finally got to go see the temple. I loved the interior wood (African cherry, I think it was). After seeing the celestial room we stopped to sit in a sealing room, where a volunteer couple talked about eternal families. We were on a back row with Sara in a chair by the wall. She took this opportunity to crawl underneath all the chairs in our row! I don’t know what got into her. We rode the elevator up and down because of Glenn's broken toe. So once, when leaving the elevator, Caelan pushed the lowest button on the panel. This was the emergency bell button. So we got a voice asking if there was a problem. After the tour, we walked to a church next door for cookies while live musicians played. The next few days, Sara was begging to go back to the temple. At first I was pleased at how the peace and beauty had affected her, and then I realized she just wanted more cookies.
Everybody had colds this month. I had two unfun colds back to back. I had to take Caelan home from church early on the 8th because he was just wailing and screaming. I gave him some Motrin at home and he eventually went to sleep. Deven had an ear infection. After two days I took him to the doctor's. Sara had a well checkup the next week, and the doctor remember just seeing Deven, and said he was very articulate about his symptoms for a 9-year-old. He could tell Sara was also getting over an ear infection, although she hadn't taken any antibiotics. But she had had a day of severe sinus pain the previous week.
Sara's birthday was on Presidents Day. She got a pink and purple fish cake. She asked for Princess bed sheets for her birthday, so I got them for her. She still loves them. She doesn't want any blankets on top of them, so I've had to put some smaller baby blankets under her flat sheet to keep her warm. I guess I'll have to get her a Princess comforter next time.
Scouting is going pretty well. We've been getting 100 percent attendance every week. We have about seven boys now in our Bear group. We had the blue and gold banquet this month. Free dinner! Yay!
Caelan began saying "ow" in addition to "mama" and "mine." Later he began saying "bye-bye" and "baby." He is also having toddler tantrums. He throws himself onto the floor. It is so funny, I have to laugh at him. He doesn't appreciate that.
One Saturday it warmed up into the 40s, so the kids all thought it would be fun to put on their swim suits and play with water guns. Sara kept on her tights and put on a coat, so I’m not sure what the point of the swim suit was.
This month was was also parent-teacher conferences. Deven is doing all right, but the teacher says he’s not pushing himself to his fullest ability. I can see that. Deven is also now talking as much at school as he does at home. Jaelyn is doing quite well and made the honor roll. I have to say, Jaelyn is my easiest child. She has a friendly, fun personality that everyone loves. When she's at school, Sara doesn't know what to do with herself.
Saturday the 28th we all went to Sears and got a new vacuum cleaner and a toaster oven. The former vacuum stopped rolling, although it still sucks. I also drooled over dishwashers. The spring and Easter dresses were out, and it was very hard to tear the girls away from them. That evening, Sara took a nap after dinner. When she woke up and went to bed, though, she began throwing up. This resulted in a lot of laundry. I let her take a shower, which can sometimes help. I set up her blankets upstairs in the hallway by the bathroom, where she spent the night. I was trying to go to bed early, but that didn't happen. Finally, once she was settled, Glenn and I had just gone to bed when Caelan came in crying. I was really tired by then of moving up and down stairs, so I just held Caelan in bed with me, where he slept all night.
No comments:
Post a Comment