Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Utah Traffic Reports

One of the first things you notice when coming to Utah is how everyone talks in terms of compass points. This is because everyone lives in a valley, and it's easy to tell which way is north and east and so on. In California, I had no clue which way I was going unless I was on a freeway. Even then, some southbound freeways really go west.

This is a typical traffic report here:
"There's a crash in the east lane going southbound on the west belt just north of 3500 South."

Huh?

I guess Utahns can figure it out. They just don't understand "left" and "right."

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023