Because I'm strange, I thought I'd give a critical review of the appliances in my new house:
The only ones I had to buy are the washer and dryer. They are front-loading, high-efficiency and way cool. The washer has a hand-wash setting, and both have countdowns of how much time is left. They are still new enough to enjoy the laundry experience. And the price wasn't bad.
The dishwasher is probably the first thing I'll end up replacing when the time comes. The rack design is pretty useless, with no practical space for bowls, and many of the prongs are bent. It cleans all right, but I know there are better ones out there.
The fridge is a little older but has a pretty efficient shelf design. The ice maker doesn't work on us, but everything else is great. The one thing that really bothers me with it is the door. Most fridges gradually swing closed on you. This one swings open, crashing into the wall or the garbage can or whatever's behind it.
The microwave is installed over the oven. It looks pretty new and is pretty nifty. It has lots of common cook settings and stops beeping when you open the door. It even has a mute setting. Our last microwave, which came with the condo, constantly beeped at you for every little thing. It was very loud and obnoxious. Occasionally Glenn would push its buttons in revenge.
The stove/oven also looks pretty new. The oven bakes very well. The stove is one of those with no coils and drip pans -- the surface gets hot. It's very easy to clean, but it doesn't seem to get as hot as traditional ranges. So I cook things that used to be low on medium, and what used to be medium is high. And high is just not high enough.
Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Hammer Family — April 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023
No comments:
Post a Comment