Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Snow Day, Sick Day

Tuesday (February 5) I started coming down with a cold. I didn’t fall asleep that night until 6:15 a.m., so I listened to about five hours of an audiobook. I had to be up at 7 (for orchestra) and so didn’t want to take additional sleep medication. I was worried about making it to orchestra on no sleep and just feeling sick and blah besides. I started considering calling in sick, which I hated doing.

The phone rang at 6:30, which I thought was rude, but as the girls were leaving (with Dad), I checked the voice mail, and the school district had declared a snow day. We had about a foot and a half of snow, but apparently there were a ton of car wrecks out there. So I called the girls back inside, and Sara was mad about not going to school. 

Glenn drove to work but was sent home once he got there, and Deven got a text canceling work for him, too. I lay in bed, feeling miserable with a severe cough and body aches and dizziness. I took small doses of oxycodone throughout the day, and that helped. I read and watched TV while lying in bed. I was finally able to get a nap in the afternoon despite the narcotic. It really was a blessing to have that snow day and stay in bed.

I was barely able to get out of bed until Sunday. The cough hung around, so in March I went to the doctor and got some antibiotics and cough syrup. The cough finally went back to its normal state. I have to drink ice water all day to manage it.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023