I’ve been substituting for band and orchestra at the elementary schools in Granite School District. In October I took over the orchestra at Spring Lane Elementary in Holladay. It’s before school on Mondays and Wednesdays, so it’s crazy early and hard to wake up for. I often end up napping afterward for a couple hours.
It’s also a long commute — the drive one way is the same amount of time as the actual class. But it is a good (if small) class with kids who are talented as well as nice to be around. So learning the violin has paid off.
I’m still not a great violinist. Various bow strokes and articulations are easier now, and I’m getting used to shifting and double stops. I still rely on fingerboard tape, and I’m anxious to improve my tone quality.
I also picked up a new private flute student who lives close by. She is a total beginner in 5th grade. It’s nice to teach an instrument I’m actually good at.
Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Hammer Family — April 2024
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023
No comments:
Post a Comment