Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Our Lives -- January 2012

We switched to church at 11 a.m., so I no longer have to get up at an unearthly hour. There's still a danger of oversleeping, though. I am so not a morning person anymore. It may be because it takes me an hour or two to fall asleep now, and I get my best REM sleep after 6 a.m.

After dealing with a persistent cough for about a month, I called the doctor to hopefully score some real cough medicine. They had me come in and said I had bronchitis. So I got antibiotics plus cough medicine, a codeine syrup. It wasn't very helpful until I doubled the dose.

A week after ending antibiotics, I began breaking out in hives again. They haven't bothered me in several years. They attacked three nights in a row, each night less severe than the last. They almost always only come in the evening.

We had an unexpected death in our ward of a middle-aged man. It hit everyone in our ward pretty hard. We had new ward boundary changes at the end of the month. This meant we had a new Cubmaster for only a month. We lost a chunk of our ward to two other wards and gained a chunk of another. Our neighbors from the condos are back in our ward, which made me excited.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023