Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Sunday, July 17, 2011

End of School

School ended on July 1 for Deven, Jaelyn, and Sara. They were all at Hillside Elementary together. Happily, Deven passed 6th grade and will go on to junior high. He got about a 2.5 GPA. He's done worse.

Jaelyn finished 4th grade with about a 3.0 GPA. Sara finished Kindergarten with about a 3.9. She also had perfect attendance. Jaelyn and Deven both got awards for AR (Accelerated Reader). Deven also got an AM (Accelerated Math) award.

Most Kindergartens, it seems, have their own graduation ceremonies, but our school didn't do that. Even for Deven, his graduation ceremony was called a "promotion" because you only graduate from high school.

On the last day of school, we all attended Deven's promotion, which was as boring as any graduation with all the awards being handed out. Then there were refreshments, and the sixth graders were allowed to go home. By then it was about time for Kindergarten to start, so we left Sara and took Deven home.

The next school year we are on B track, so the first day of school will be July 26. Junior high and high school are not year-round schools, so Deven will start in August and get out in June like normal people.

1 comment:

Wolfley Family said...

So... how did you figure out Sara's GPA for Kindergarten? Kaitlyn's kindergarten in SLC only did P or F....

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023