Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Our Lives -- April 2011

We began the month with General Conference, which was nice, although by the end I was playing video games while listening to it. The following week was stake conference with H. David Burton. On the Saturday night session, he invited members of the congregation to volunteer their ideas on strengthening families. Knowing this would be intimidating, he promised anyone who did so could be declared a full tithe payer while paying just 5 percent.

I took a long break from my spring cleaning to balance the checkbook and other household accounting duties. Then I had two books I had to read very quickly. (The library's Reader's Choice deadline was the end of April, and we had a local book group, too.)

Corin began teething really bad, getting his last two incisors and four molars. He also caught a nasty cold and was very crabby much of the time.

Caelan's birthday was also Easter weekend. I'd prefer to not have these close together. Once I finished Caelan's birthday cake, I got started on an Easter cake. It's supposed to be an Easter basket. I couldn't find any long rope licorice to use for a basket handle, and the border fell off in the back, so it's hidden by candy. Grandma Gilbert had a stroke Easter, so that's been on my mind ever since.


The last day of April was the annual Scout-O-Rama. I have a few pictures on that coming soon.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023