Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Caelan the 3-Year-Old

Pantry

Caelan has gone from a cute, bubbly baby to a stinker of a toddler. He now gets into EVERYTHING. Deven comes home from school and just cries and screams when he sees what Caelan has done to his stuff. He has been into raiding the pantry lately. This kid is not getting any dessert until he's 6 at this rate.

Even with eye-hook locks on the pantry, he gets in by stacking chairs and stools and laundry baskets together. Then he takes cookies, fruit snacks, peanuts, bread, cereal, or whatever he can get hold of. I have moved pantry items more likely to be stolen (the other kids do this, too) to my walk-in bedroom closet, which also has an eye-hook on it. This also gets raided at times. 

First it was mainly Jaelyn who would raid the pantry in the middle of the night, but Caelan has become more frequent and persistent about it. I'd really like my closet back. And I'm not sure it's practical to put combination locks on the pantry and closet. 

1 comment:

Elicia said...

I actually know of people who have put combination or key locks on their pantry and even on their fridge.

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023