This month began with general conference on the first weekend of the month. We watched it on TV, and Jonia came over Saturday afternoon and stayed through Sunday. President Hatch of our stake presidency died just before general conference. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the fall. The week after general conference we had stake conference, but they didn't replace him then. For Easter, see my previous posts.The 2010 census was due in April. We never got a form, so I eventually called to request one. Jonia got three letters telling her it was coming and it should be filled out. These letters came after she’d sent her form back in.
I took all the kids to the store to spend their allowance money. Caelan loved carrying around his money. He wouldn’t let me hold it for him, but he at least put it in his pocket. After buying his toy, he just had change left. “Where’s my money??” he asked. He didn’t quite get the concept of trading money for goods.
Thursday the 22nd Caelan turned 3. Glenn's parents and brother David came for that. The 24th was the ward cake auction, so I made three cakes in week. Glenn has a tradition of taking each kid out for one-on-one time on his or her birthday. So he took Caelan out later for french fries and then they looked at animals in the pet store.
Friday the 23rd Glenn's brother Mike graduated from BYU in statistics. Mike is the family brain but had to overcome some major medical issues to finish school. He has had a number of job interviews already, where companies are paying to fly him out for interviews. So way to go. We met Mike for the department's open house. The convocation was way too early to attend. It was pouring rain the whole time, but I did get a quick walk around the campus to see all the renovations that have taken place recently.
Glenn and I had our annual Healthy Lifestyles evaluation. It's a program at his work that pays employees for healthy habits. I weigh too much now. I'm going to have to give up the cookie/candy/cake diet. Pregnancy trains you to eat constantly, and I haven't been able to switch back yet to normal eating. So I'm trying now.
The kids had the last two weeks of April off from school as part of the year-round schedule. Then they return for nine weeks, ending the school year on July 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment