We're still trying to give away these kittens. We can keep a couple, but not all six. We'll start threatening people to take kittens here soon.
It rained a lot for June, which was nice in controlling the heat. We finally figured out how the swamp cooler works, so we didn't need a mechanic after all. It's actually quite effective. The house itself stays cooler than the condo did, and turning on the vent at night moves all the hot air out.
Our niece Mikayla Hveem got baptized on June 6 in Ephraim, so Glenn’s parents drove out for it. They came to our house late Friday night. I was in bed asleep when they arrived, but I think Glenn woke up when they got here. Early the next morning we drove to Ephraim to make it to Mikayla’s baptism at 10. There were eleven stake baptisms of children that day, so the chapel was packed. After a 15-20 talk there, the baptisms began with each ward at a time taking turns. Since the Hveems' ward had four kids, they went last.
Josh Hveem (her brother) baptized Mikayla. I think that was neat for Josh. From there we went back into the chapel for the confirmations. Glenn's dad ("Grandpa") confirmed Mikayla. Caelan was being a goofball during that whole process. Deven tried pulled Caelan onto his lap, but Caelan head-butted him with the back of his head. He kept running to Glenn, who was standing in the confirmation circle, and grabbing him around the legs. During the next confirmation, Glenn was had his arms around Caelan, who stood still for a moment. Then he suddenly jumped up, head-butting Glenn, and yelling.
While at the Hveems' house we got to try Dave Hveem's cooking experiments. (He's food services manager at Snow College). We tried some frozen take-and-bake pizzas he had made himself and also some smoothies, which will be offered at the school later in the summer. We love Dave's cooking.
The kids went back to school June 8 after a three-week break. Then I began seeing ads and signs everywhere for Back to School! For crying out loud, we haven't even finished school yet. The summer free lunch program began in the county, so I took Sara and Caelan almost every weekday to the park to get lunch.
June 13 I went to the temple and hit the Spanish session. They let me listen to it in Spanish. It was cool. I concentrated very hard. The different translation was enlightening in some places. I was also lucky to get to the temple before its summer closing. I hadn't thought to check the schedule, and I showed up on the last day open.
The following week Jaelyn kept coming home from school sick or staying home. I finally took her to the doctor after she complained of a headache for a week. (This is why I've never been to the ER -- some kid would lose a limb, and I'd still say, "Let's wait for the doctor's office to open tomorrow.") It turned out Jaelyn had strep throat. I guess it sometimes appears as a headache in people.
I had two Sundays in a row where I helped in Primary. First I taught Jaelyn's class, then I helped with toddler control in Sara's class. I was experiencing bad morning sickness that whole time, so I probably should not have agreed to help out.
June was my fourth month pregnant. I started off the month feeling okay, but the last two or three weeks was killer nausea. I'm already taking anti-nausea stuff twice a day. It tends to be the worst at night but will also start in the morning, too. I've had to almost stop eating.
At the end of June we all had our semi-annual dental checkups. My kids love the dentist. They're weird. Sara had a little cavity, and Jaelyn got an appointment to come back and get her O and P teeth pulled (see below). Caelan didn't get an exam but still tried to walk away with every single toy car in the prize drawer.
Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Hammer Family — April 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023
No comments:
Post a Comment