Welcome

I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.

Hammer Family — April 2024

Hammer Family — April 2024

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our Lives -- January 2009

I know I haven't done anything here for a while, but I've been lazy.

In January school started again. After a six-week break, I'd forgotten what time school started and ended. There was lots of snow and some rain this month. The mini-van really doesn't like cold weather. If the engine is cold, the car will only drive in reverse, and the breaks don't work. So I now start the engine five or ten minutes before we have to leave for school.

Sara is now a Sunbeam in Primary. She was wary about it the first week, but goes just fine now. Caelan does not like to be left alone in Nursery. He's had a lot of colds lately, so we haven't been able to put him in there every week anyway.

On the 20th Glenn went to his medieval swordsmanship class and fractured his big toe. There were no swords or even sticks involved for the incident. He was wearing socks and collided feet with another guy wearing wrestling shoes while practicing some wrestling moves. He now wears a big boot on his foot, and we found a cane from Freecycle.org.

We were excited for the series premier of "Lost." I recorded it to watch later, but the tape ran out near the end of the second episode. So we found it on the Internet and finished it, although the recording we saw had the sound way out of sync with the visual.

Jaelyn and Sara started taking a dance class at Hunter High, which is very close by. They like to run around the room in tights as much as they like to listen to the teacher.

No comments:

My Five Squawkos

My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023